Test folders for all grade levels are sent home on Mondays. Please sign the appropriate scored assignments and return them in the folder. Also, please review the behavior/homework log in the back of the folder and initial.
Grades 1-2 - folders are yellow
Grade 3 - folders are blue
Grades 4-6 - folders are green
Please check your child's planner for upcoming assignments and tests. We write down the week's homework on Monday and update it as needed.
A Note About Homework
Homework is assigned with purpose and meaning. Please encourage your child to complete all of his/her assigned homework to the best of his/her ability. Anything that your child is unable to complete independently should be discussed with the teacher.
Updated e-mail address: email@example.com
New phone extension: 3610
Welcome back to school!
Students will be given a packet to take home on the first day of resource classes. Please be sure to complete the information form and return it as soon as possible.
How to Choose a "Just Right" Book
Your child's reading level will be recorded in his/her test folder once assessments are complete. Please use this reading level to help your child choose books to read independently.
Too Easy Books
- I have read the book too many times
- I understand and can retell the story without rereading much
- I know and understand almost every word
- I can read the book fluently without much effort
Too Hard Books
- There are five or more words on a page that I don't recognize
- I am confused about what is happening
- This book frustrates me
- I need help reading most pages
Just Right Books
- The book is new to me and the topic is interesting
- I understand what is happening in the story
- I can retell what I have read
- I recognize most of the words on the page, but there are some words that are new to me
- I can read the book by myself, but may need help if I come to a word I don't know
No "Files" exist(s)
No "Homework" exist(s)